Saturday, June 15, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday


 
Welcome to Feature & Follow Friday. Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow!



The Feature &Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? Check out the link and it’ll tell you all you need to know.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Q: Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.


A: This was the poem my mom asked to be read at her funeral three years ago. Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep is a poem written in 1932 by Mary Elizabeth Frye. Although the origin of the poem was disputed until later in her life, Mary Frye's authorship was confirmed in 1998 after research by Abigail Van Buren, a newspaper columnist.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.                                                      

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.